End of the 2023 Season
The course is now CLOSED.
Have a question about Sandfield Pitch and Putt?
If so, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page first by clicking here.
Sandfield Pitch and Putt – The Peoples Course
This family owned and run local amenity on on the route of Donegal’s Wild Atlantic Way in the North-West of Ireland is situated on the R261 half way between the towns of Ardara and Narin/Portanoo. Since it’s creation in the mid 1980’s the course has been serving the local community and visiting tourist for over 35 years providing a wonderfully challenging full 18 Hole Pitch and Putt course where no two holes are the same. Once described by a regular visitor as “The St. Andrews of Pitch and Putt Courses” this unique and lovingly maintained course has offered an exciting and enjoyable game to both the first time visitor or seasoned Pitch and Putt players, while at the same time offering spectacular views of Morgan’s Lough and the surrounding Donegal countryside.
Sandfield Pitch and Putt is an outdoor attraction for all the family, young and old, where you are welcome to come and enjoy the challenges of the course and take in the surrounding sights. No Booking is required, just turn up and play. We have both right and left handed clubs available to hire for all ages, from adults through to juniors and children.
We are looking forward to the start of the 2023 season and to be able to welcome back our regular players and returning students and holidaymakers. We also look forward to welcoming new first time visitors to Sandfield Pitch and Putt. Check out our frequently asked questions page (FAQ) to find out more about us and the course.
Click to read one of our recent Post
- 2023 Season Closing DateThe closing date for the 2023 Season will be from Tuesday, 26th September 2023. We would like to thank all our Patrons and visitors who have played Sandfield Pitch and Putt this year. We hope you have enjoyed your days … Read more
- Leaderboard Update 17th August 2023A Busy day on the Sandfield Pitch and Putt Leaderboard yesterday and here is the update for 17th August.We have a new low score of 5 under par 49, recorded by Manus Friel with 6 Birdies and 1 Bogey. He … Read more
- Leaderboard Update 2nd August 2023Here is our leaderboard update for 2nd August. We had our first Bogey free round recorded this week. Finn Harkin posted a 4 under par 50 containing 4 birdies and no bogeys. This is our first bogey free round of … Read more
- Play the Owner over 2 HolesWatch this short You Tube video of Tony McGettigan play the owner of Sandfield Pitch and Putt over 2 holes. We played the 14th Hole which is the customers favourite hole and the 15th which is Tony’s favourite hole and … Read more
- Time Out Podcast InterviewSandfield Pitch and Putt was pleased to welcome Tony McGettigan from the Time Out Podcast to do an interview with owner Michael Allsop on 8th July 2023. Time Out Podcast Interview – Episode 80 “Michael Allsop hails from Nottinghamshire in … Read more
- Leaderboard Update 11th July 2023Here is your latest Sandfield Pitch and Putt Leaderboard update for 11th July 2023 Another a low scoring day at Sandfield Pitch and Putt yesterday. When we had two players posting a new low score for the 2023 season. First … Read more